Haga clic aquí para ver el sitio web en español

Call today 631-643-3084

Non-Immigrant Visas

teachers rights lawyers

For foreign nationals who do not wish to enter the United States permanently can apply for a non-immigrant visa, which allows them to remain in the country for a prolonged period of time and work in some cases. A non-immigrant visa requires an individual apply directly to the U.S. consulate or embassy in his or her country for either a tourist, student, business, or temporary employment non-immigrant visa. Some other types of non-immigrant visas include:

Student Visas. To study as a full-time student in the United States, you must be able to prove you are enrolled in an academic, language-training, or vocational program. You must also be able to financially support yourself during the entire course of study.
Specialty Job Visas. In order to immigrate to the U.S. for a job, you must have your employer file a nonimmigrant petition on your behalf. This is different than a business visa which is for those looking to conduct commercial or professional activities with business associates, negotiate a contract, or attend a conference.
Medical Treatment Visas. This type of visa requires that an individual show that the treatment they seek in the U.S. is medically necessary and is not available to them in their country of origin. It is also required that you prove you can pay the cost of U.S. healthcare and provide letters from your physician and a medical professional from the U.S. Once the medical treatment has been received, you must return to your country of origin.

Approval of a visa application does not necessarily guarantee access to the United States. Upon arrival at the port-of-entry, you will be subject to an inspection that will determine whether or not you are eligible to enter the country. It is important to consult with an immigration attorney to ensure that U.S. immigration law is being properly applied to your case.


Do I need an attorney?

Whether you need a New York divorce lawyer, a criminal defense lawyer, a school suspension lawyer, a child criminal lawyer, or a compassionate child custody attorney, the attorneys at Larry McCord and Associates are on your side. We understand just how frustrating the legal process can be, and we will lend our expertise and knowledge to guide you throughout the entire process. Having a lawyer is vital if you want the best chance of success at winning your case. If you try to represent yourself without any assistance, then you could run into costly mistakes that could be avoided with competent legal counsel on your side.

Contact Larry McCord and Associates today for a consultation.

1291 Straight Path
West Babylon, NY 11704

(631) 643-3084
(631) 491-8554 Fax


Haga clic aquí para ver
el sitio web en español

Contact Larry McCord and Associates  

contact our divorce attorneys

Please fill out our contact form below.