Haga clic aquí para ver el sitio web en español

Call today 631-643-3084

I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on a Green Card through Marriage

teachers rights lawyers

In order to remove certain conditions or limitations on your residence, you must file Form I-751. If filed properly and granted, this will provide you with a new 10-year green card. The process for this filing is similar to that of other forms. Around two to three weeks after correctly filing the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, you will receive a receipt that acknowledges your form has been filed, or a Notice of Action that denies your petition or a Request for Evidence that requires additional information be provided to supplement the petition, if the form was not properly filed.

Filing Form I-751 requires that you attend a biometrics appointment, where United States Citizenship and Immigration Services can collect your fingerprints, photo, and signature. This meeting will require you to bring government-issues photo ID such as a passport or driver’s license. This appointment may be followed by an interview, during which the interviewer will try to determine that a bona fide marriage exists. Providing a complete I-751 form that provides strong evidence of the marriage and relationship may help you avoid this interview.

The entire process may take anywhere from six to twelve months to complete before you receive your 10-year green card. When the USCIS requests more information or evidence, or would like to bring you and your spouse in for an interview, the process can be delayed and take longer than a year.

It is important to consult with an attorney when filing Form I-751 to ensure that you are prepared for any questions that may arise and that your paperwork and documentation is filled out and provided correctly. The lawyers at Larry McCord and Associates are experienced with handling immigration cases and helping clients through the necessary steps of petitioning to remove conditions on their green card. For more information or to schedule a free consultation, please call (631) 643-3084.


Do I need an attorney?

Whether you need a New York divorce lawyer, a criminal defense lawyer, a school suspension lawyer, a child criminal lawyer, or a compassionate child custody attorney, the attorneys at Larry McCord and Associates are on your side. We understand just how frustrating the legal process can be, and we will lend our expertise and knowledge to guide you throughout the entire process. Having a lawyer is vital if you want the best chance of success at winning your case. If you try to represent yourself without any assistance, then you could run into costly mistakes that could be avoided with competent legal counsel on your side.

Contact Larry McCord and Associates today for a consultation.

1291 Straight Path
West Babylon, NY 11704

(631) 643-3084
(631) 491-8554 Fax


Haga clic aquí para ver
el sitio web en español

Contact Larry McCord and Associates  

contact our divorce attorneys

Please fill out our contact form below.